Worship will be LIVE at 10:45 this Sunday, May 24, 2020! It will also be live streamed at 10:45. You are welcome to attend in person.
There will be a few changes: we will not pass offering plates but plates will be available to drop your offering by the door. We will also not pass the elements for Lord’s Supper, you will pick them up as you come in. Some of the pews will be blocked off to help with social distancing; we have plenty of room to spread out.
PLEASE wear a mask; no matter what you may personally think, it is an act of love for your fellow believers so please wear a mask unless you have a medical reason why you cannot.
Come and join us for worship!
The YouTube stream is available at the top of this page. Also at the very top of this page is a new link for details on how to send your offering to the church. You can also go directly to https://firstbaptistwvc.org/offering-donations/
Pastor Carl’s message to the church on March 13th is archived below. Please keep in mind that things have changed further since then.
Dear FBCWVC Church Family,
Due to the recent events regarding COVID-19 we will be modifying our Church schedule. This will affect Worship, all activities, and all events effective immediately.
Please know that this decision was not made lightly, and much prayer and thought has gone into this decision. I have had many calls with concerns over what we as a church will do during this temporary season in time. I have also sought advice from the church council and the majority agrees. You may or may not agree although the time now is to be supportive and be an example to our community how we as Christians handle situations such as this within our church and among each other.
Governor Herbert has asked that for a small time, we not gather in groups of 100 or more for people that are healthy. Additionally, for those 60+ it has been requested that they not gather in groups of 20 or more. We must understand though that our government has not asked us to cease worshiping God, nor have we been asked to stop preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We have just been asked for a short time to be creative and worship in a manner that is safer for our community during this time.
The Governor’s request is a reasonable request and we will do our part to help our community. After all, (Romans 13:1) says that we are to submit to our governing authorities. Therefore, First Baptist Church, West Valley City, will be following scripture and will submit to what has been requested of us. We will modify our worship gatherings for the next 3 weeks. It is also important that we stand with the members of our faith family who are over 60, and/or compromised in health.
Giving is an act of worship, so let us continue to worship in this way. We can continue to be faithful to our Lord by sending in your tithe by mail if you are unable to come on Sunday. I hope you will continue worshiping our Lord faithfully as we make these adjustments.
The following is our 3-week plan:
1. Our modified schedule begins immediately and will last for the next 3 weeks (through March). After the 3 weeks, we will re-evaluate to see the need for continued modification or re-implementation of our regular schedule.
2. Men’s Breakfast, Women’s Ministry Brunch, Legacy Leaders, Coffee Pot Crew, and the combined Worship (March 22nd) will be suspended for the month of March.
3. Wednesday Adult Bible study, Youth Bible study, and 5 p.m. Dinner will be suspended for the month of March.
4. Choir members will need to keep in contact with Judy Barking for instructions on Wednesday practices for Easter.
5. There will be no Church Council or Business Meeting for the month of March. The Business meeting will be rescheduled later.
6. Please continue to remain faithful in giving, as our budget needs will continue as a church. If you choose to stay home on Sunday you may give by mailing a check to First Baptist Church, 3831 S 2700 W, West Valley City, Utah 84119.
7. Sunday School will be suspended for the month of March beginning March 15th
8. Sunday Worship will be our normal time of 10:45 a.m. If you do not feel comfortable attending during this short season, we will have DVD’s available of the message. Please contact the church office if you would like a copy and we will get it out to you.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me. Remember folks, we are to be examples as Christ followers, moreover, the world is watching us! Pray for all to know Him as their personal Savior.
Seeking That All May Know Him,
Pastor Carl Young