We are looking for a worship leader. Position description follows below.
Part-Time (Salary TBD)
West Valley City, UT
First Baptist Church of West Valley City is a Gospel-Centered church in West valley City
Utah. We are affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention.
The mission of First Baptist Church of West Valley City is to glorify God and make
disciples by inviting all people to grow in the Gospel and go together in service of Christ. It
is our desire to consistently to live as forgiven people and to be an eye opening blessing to
West Valley city be developing disciples in order to send them out to fulfill the Great
The worship leader at First Baptist Church of West Valley will work closely with our senior
pastor in cultivating worship services and a worship team that helps lead our congregation
to see and savor the greatness of God in Jesus Christ, in the power of the Holy Spirit. We
are seeking an individual whose called and gifted by God in the following areas:
• Modeling and leading heartfelt worship in an invitational style – that draws people in,
encourages participation and points people to Jesus.
• Planning our weekly Sunday 10:45 am worship service with our Senior Pastor and
Pastoral Staff. Choosing songs that engage the congregation and support the reading and
preaching of God’s Word.
• Recruiting, auditioning, and training musicians in the church to serve the congregation as
a team with musical skill and humility.
• Preparing for and leading weekly rehearsals in such a way that they are well planned and
implemented and help develop community.
• Working with audio, visual, and lighting team to ensure a well presented and efficiently
coordinated effort at each worship gathering.
Approximately 15 hours per week* (Some tasks may be done away from church
campus). Here are the expected hours for being on campus:
Worship planning session with the Senior Pastor (if able, the worship leader is encouraged
to attend the weekly staff meeting).
Weekly rehearsal time (TBD by worship leader).
Other Requirements: 1) Affirm and be an active participant in the mission, vision, and
strategy of First Baptist Church of West Valley. 2) Join First Baptist Church of West Valley
by the time of employment. 3) Affirm/agree with our church’s statement of faith, The Baptist
Faith and Message (2000). 4) Submit to a background check.
Compensation: This is a part-time paid position. Wages disclosed at the interview.
This position reports to the Senior Pastor
The Worship Leader of First Baptist Church of West Valley City must:
• Be a Christian who personally demonstrates walking with Christ in everyday life
• Have experience serving on a worship team and working with a choir.
• Be a musician with strong vocal and instrumental ability who can effectively lead the
congregation and fellow musicians to worship God through a variety of musical styles.
• Be a leader who can organize and develop worship teams that engage the congregation
and draw them into worship and point people toward Jesus
• Be a learner who is willing to grow in faith, skill, knowledge, and ability as the position
requires, and do so with grace and humility
• Be a follower who is passionate about God’s people and willing to invest themselves in the
life of the church community.
Preferred but not required:
• Be an individual who looks for new and engaging ways to build upon our worship sets and
• Be proficient with computers, sound systems, video projection equipment and software,
digital audio recording, etc. Be proficient in Planning Center Online and Media Shout.
First Baptist Church
C/O Personnel Committee
3831 S 2700 W
West Valley City, UT 84119